Sunday, September 28, 2008

Are You Gender Typical?

Continuing the gender theme last week The Independent had an interesting Questionnaire: Are you gender typical? devised by psychotherapist and broadcaster, Phillip Hodson. Carl Jung believed every psyche consisted of both male and female elements and recent research supports the theory that psychologically there are more similarities between men and women at the same end of the gender spectrum than between those of the same sex on opposite ends.

In the test I scored 9/20 which puts me in the middle ground of the spectrum so, apparently, I can appreciate both masculine and feminine pursuits without getting hung up on what seems gender "appropriate" or whether my sexuality is being challenged. Just as well considering my chosen occupation.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 © Rosemary Slessor

Back to TOP