Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lawyer Quotes


"A lawyer is a person who writes a 10,000-word document and calls it a 'brief.' " - Franz Kafka

"Lawyers are like rhinoceroses: thick skinned, short-sighted, and always ready to charge." - David Mellor

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." - William Shakespeare



and my favourite from the American journalist Hunter S. Thompson;
"As your attorney, it is my duty to inform you that it is not important that you understand what I'm doing or why you're paying me so much money. What's important is that you continue to do so." -

3 comments:

Anonymous,  10 September, 2008 15:46  

Lawyers. They just get under my skin. When we went through a divorce, that was my stipulation: no lawyers. We instead went through the Web site Joint Divorce for our paperwork and had an uncontested divorce.

I just couldn't bare dealing with laywers. Even my ex was in agreement with that.

P.S. I just had to read a blog with the title Divorce Survivor. I know how that feels.

Lori

Fiona 10 September, 2008 20:15  

Actually I think lawyers are much maligned, even if I do pull their leg.

In my experience online divorces are OK for divorcing, but I despair at the number of people who don't get proper advice about finances and discover too late not using a lawyer was a false economy.

Mr Pineapples 10 September, 2008 21:33  

Hey anonymous

I feel the same about doctors.....the vultures....making money from misery. I treat myself i do.....just give me a plumber's tool-bag..and off I go...piece of cake.

And dentists....scum-bags...I always sort me own teeth out - fillings?(I use metal filings and super-glue).

Well done for saving the money - so glad your wife shared your views - dont want her claiming too much now do we?

All the best

Mr P
Chimney Sweep

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 © Rosemary Slessor

Back to TOP