Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Recommended Reading

Sometimes I am asked which books I found useful when we were divorcing. The first was the Which ? Guide to Divorce which explains in simple terms how divorce works and the financial implications. Although this is primarily aimed at those living in England & Wales there are a couple of pages outlining the differences in Scotland.

The second book, Families and How to Survive Them by Robin Skynner and John Cleese, wasn't particularly related to divorce but it was one I was familiar with from when I worked in mental health. It isn't a new book, although I would say that this definitely is one of the best books on family relationships and child social development for non-professionals. This book isn't pop psychology, the content is very well well-grounded in scientific ideas. It looks at how families influence children and what problems might arise and how to avoid them. Inevitably it includes some humour and funny sketches.

Both books are easily read and were about as much as I could take in at the time.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 © Rosemary Slessor

Back to TOP