Monday, January 26, 2009

Welfare Reform Bill

The CSA could apply to court for the expropriation of driving licences and since last year the new Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission (CMEC) has the power to apply to court for the confiscation of passports when non resident parents refuse to pay child support for their children.

Today The Times reports the Welfare Reform Bill, due for its second reading in the House of Commons tomorrow, will enable CMEC to bypass the courts and order non compliant parents to hand over their driving licences and passports.


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by 2008 © Rosemary Slessor

Back to TOP